Slip and Fall Lawyers
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Awards and Recognition
Mississauga Top Choice Personal Injury Law Firm - 2021
Award of Professional Excellence
The Fall Might Not Have Been Your Fault
Read Our Glowing Google Reviews
Documenting And Assessing The Hazard
- Unstable store displays
- Store spills, including wet floors from cleaning, fallen produce or liquids
- Broken or unstable staircases
- Uneven flooring
- Poor lighting in staircases and hallways
- Icy sidewalks
What can I get compensation for?
Slip-And-Fall Claims - FAQs
- The name and address and of the owner of the property
- The name and address of all witnesses to the accident or who may have seen you lying on the ground
- The name and address of all persons to whom you have reported the incident
- Some pictures of the area or objects that caused your fall
- The property owner was “negligent”, which means that the property owner breached the legal duty owed to the injured individual;
- There is causation, meaning that the property owner’s specific acts of negligence caused the injuries; and
- As a result of the property owner’s negligence you suffered losses.
The injured party must prove that the defendant was negligent toward them. It must be shown that the landowner/occupant possessed the premises at the time of the accident and that they had control of the premises, and control of the condition thereof.
Generally, a plaintiff will be able to recover all economic damages (income loss and medical and other expenses etc), incurred resulting from the occurrence. Many times noneconomic damages are also awarded (i.e., pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, inconvenience, etc.).
Yes. If you have been injured in a premises accident, including a slip-and-fall accident, it is advisable to immediately consult a personal injury lawyer. The insurance company for the property owner is not your ally regardless of how cooperative or friendly it may seem. That insurance company has lawyers and other resources to try to defeat any claim you assert. In order to be on equal footing, you need to have an injury lawyer on your side. Early consultation with a personal injury lawyer can also help your case in that your lawyer may be able to help investigate and document your case. Sometimes a delay results in witnesses and evidence disappearing or becoming more difficult to obtain. The opposing insurance company will be aggressively investigating your case and you need someone doing the same for you. Please contact our firm to schedule your free initial consultation.
A Successful Slip and Fall Settlement Starts with the Right Lawyers
- We are experienced slip and fall lawyers.
- Our slip and fall lawyers will visit you in your home or hospital room if you can’t make it to our offices.
- Our track record on fighting and winning slip and fall cases speaks for itself.
Schedule Your Free Consultation with Slip and Fall Lawyers today
If you would like to appeal an insurance claim denial, there is a limited timeframe in which to do so. Don’t miss your change. Contact us to speak to a Slip and Fall Lawyer today. Also, feel free to use our online contact form.